GIE Media Inc., a B2B media company serving a wide range of industries, is seeking an Associate Editor to join our Manufacturing Group. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field as well as at least two years of experience in content development. Newspaper or magazine experience is preferred, and experience in B2B is a plus.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writing original and insightful news stories and features for the print magazine and website
- Editing copy for print and digital products
- Pitching ideas for stories and multimedia packages
- Interviewing people within the industry
- Working with the editorial team to create and deploy enewsletters
- Contributing to the development of industry-leading content and growth of the group
- Working with the editorial team to develop conference sessions for our trade shows and working closely with industry experts on topics, presentations and audience engagement
- Traveling to trade shows and other industry events as needed (approximately two to four times each year)
Other requirements include: a desire to contribute to a fast-paced and collaborative team, excellent writing and interviewing skills, adaptability, creativity and strong organizational skills.
Benefits of working at GIE Media Inc.:
- Vacation, personal days, sick days and company holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as additional benefits
- In-office/work at home flexibility
This position is based in Valley View, OH. We are looking for someone who is willing to work a hybrid schedule (three days in the office per week). Please submit resume, published clips and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org