GIE Media, an award winning publisher of magazines, web sites, digital publications and database products that is based in Richfield, Ohio, is seeking an Associate Editor.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of writing and editing experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as high-level organizational skills, are required. Some travel is required.
GIE offers a competitive salary based upon experience and excellent benefits package in addition to the opportunity for continued career growth.
>> quick apply
Established in 1980, GIE Media, Inc. is a leading marketing and communications business-to-business media company serving seventeen industries. Our company goal is to publish the highest quality business magazines, native mobile apps, websites, e-newsletters, conferences, reference books and other forms of business media in growth industries, with a quality standard based upon editorial value and market leadership.
We are currently seeking a New Media Graphic Designer for our New Media Graphic Design department. This position requires creative skills, attention to detail, great organizational skills, and an aptitude for speed. This is a fast-paced, deadline-oriented workplace. Minimum of two year’s graphic design experience.Overview of Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Create, design, layout, and facilitate production of monthly/bimonthly magazines, both in print and native Kindle Fire and iPad/iPhone platforms.
- Serve as the magazine’s primary brand steward to ensure consistency of design and brand standards across all magazine materials.
- Design and layout brochures, handouts, invitations, signage, pitch materials, presentation templates, and other promotional materials.
- Provide creative input on a variety of projects.
- Energetic personality who enjoys working with a collaborative team. Proficiency on a PC in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign 5.5 or later, Photoshop, Illustrator, specifically).
- Meets deadlines and rush projects through use of timing, flexibility and efficiency.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and online layouts/WYSIWYG editors (for micro-site design and e-communications) a plus.
>> quick apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or combination of equivalent work experience and education.
The Conference Coordinator position is an entry-level, full-time position that reports to the Conference Manager. The position requires a high-energy individual capable of working independently on a variety of tasks simultaneously and someone who can take a project from inception to completion. Other qualifications required for the position include:
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
- The ability to take responsibility for a project.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Willingness to work with outside vendors.
- Proficient in such applications as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Some knowledge of InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator.
- A willingness and flexibility for limited travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or hospitality preferred.
The Conference/Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Administrative support for all events managed by the conference division. This includes managing all speaker, sponsor, exhibitor, attendee, information requests and vendor mailings and correspondence both pre- and post-conference. Responsibilities also include maintaining active databases for each conference.
- Handling all attendee online registration as well as through the mail, fax and phone. Working with accounting department to process payments, refunds, etc. Maintaining all attendee registration files and processing all information requests.
- Supervision of conference promotional mailings (digital and print).
- Supervision of continuing education applications (CEU) when applicable for the appropriate seminars/events.
- Assisting with the organization and implementation of trade show receptions.
- Assisting the Conference Manager with duties and projects as assigned.
GIE Media is a Richfield-based company offering an excellent salary and benefits package as part of its compensation.
>> quick apply